Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Digi-souls
    Level

Default Digimon World Online (DWO)

This is the 2ed topic for DWO, again as I said before it's not a sure thing this will be made, it's more on the 25% will vs 75% not to be made. So try not to take it too seriously.

Reason I'm makeing a 2ed topic? simple, this one is going to me more detailed and focused on more gameplay/story, while the other one is mostly filled with 2ed detail stuff. Currently I will only put summarys to possible storys to the game, reason? well you would like it if I spoiled every detail? I think not.

Like the other topic I will take suggestions to storys, or take suggestions for a story as well. Althought I hope you know I don't wanna hear anything like "omgz lets make a story where dukemon and omegamon join you and beat a bad guy then you get to keep them free of charge! lulz!!!" or something like "lets make a story where renamon falls in love with gabumon and they have babys and stuff!" ok that was a random one but don't think it couldn't happen...the internet is a scary scary place...for a story idea to be even looked at it has to be a good story that would fit with a digimon tamer/ digimon theme.

now currently, the gameplay that will be made is a turn based rpg type style, similar to the one in digimon dusk/dawn/ds. So far 3 digimon are able to battle at a time, though this may be changed to 4-5 for partys. Now that the summary of what this topic is over with, I'll start with details about battle systems, and possible storys. (mind you I'm still talking it over with my story writers, so thats why I said possible.)

Starting story summary: *if you don't want spoilers don't read this

*you* wake up in the morning at your house and notice today is the day when you are ment to test out a new digimon game, the game is ment to be a massive multiplayer online game. You rush to get ready and run down to the *enter building name here* You meet up with a server admin that tells you the test has been canceled due to a bug, but you being so keen on trying out this game sneek past the server admins and into the "portal" leading to the digital world. At the time you have no idea how real the "game" is, so you wake up in this completely new world. The digital world (depending on what type of digimon you picked at the beggining of the mmo, basicly when you create your character, so like "vaccine,data,virus") you figure out theres a digimon standing infront of you, this digimon will be diffrent depending on the type of digimon you picked, so if vaccine, you will meet a agumon, if data a hawkmon, if virus a betamon. This digimon is nice enough to help you to the server town, since for a mysteryous reason you landed in *enter beggining dungeon name* and your now lost with no other human contact, (this part of the game will be single player only). Agumon,hawkmon,or betamon will then be your temporary partner for the begging dungeon, basicly to teach you the basics or as some people like to call it a tutorial level. Near the end of the dungeon, a enemy digimon will attack you and your friendly digimon, Your friendly digimon trys to save you but ends up being destroyed and turned into a digiegg. This is bad for you considering your not stuck alone and this evil digimon is about to attack you. When the server admin of your type server town comes and saves you with their partner digimon. The admin gets rid of the enemy digimon easy and you both escape, your carrying your digi-friends egg in your arms now. After that ordeal the server admin talks to you about what is going on (I wont say more then that due to spoilers) and asks you to help, considering for some reason many more kids are ending up in the same spot as you, it seems that there is another company frameing to be the true creators of the game, this cause's children to enter the digital world and be trapped there never to be heard from again in the real world. It also turns out the place you thought was the real deal was actually a fake as well, so now your stuck in the digital world too. The server admin then tells you that if you plan to stay in the digital world and help, you need a partner digimon. The admin then notices the egg you are carrying then tells you to put it in a hatching machine that is found in town. When you do so your friend who was destroyed is now a in-training digimon again, but in a completely diffrent (or sometimes same) form. This digimon will then be your starting digimon. depending on if you took vaccine,data, or virus it will be one of the random in-training digimon that match those types. If your lucky you can get koromon,gigimon, etc etc...but these digimon are also rare to get as starters. When you get your starter digimon you then proceed to your very own digifarm, which will act as your "house" or home base, as well as a training place and storage space for other digimon that will be hatched/scaned/given later on.

This is when the tutorial chapter ends and when you go back to the server town through the warp, you will then be able to see other online players and their digimon. Then you can chose to do story quests, random quests, or go out and train etc...

This is only one chapter of one story, there will be many diffrent storys through out the game.

Gameplay:

Currently the gameplay will be a first person turn based rpg, dealing with digital pets.

Battle system: The battle system is currently designed as planed.

Solo: 3 digimon in your team can fight at the same time, gain exp and battle. Your traveling team will be of 5 digimon max. 2 of those digimon are for reserve, incase one dies, or one is unable to battle. These digimon also gain exp, but not as much and are not able to battle.

To make them able to battle and get more exp you switch them around with the others.

Party: up to 4-5 digimon fight at a time, but only one from your own group will be able to fight in the battle, (normally your first digimon). Group exp is not effected from solo exp, but your other digimon will not get exp, so only one of your digimon will get exp while the others will not.
    Items that are dropped are given randomly to group members or when dropped members can pick them up. The leader of the group is the one who confronts the enemy digimon, others will not be effected by enemy digimon if they touch them or try to battle them, agressive digimon will not attack them as well.

*I'll be adding more to this after, so don't count it out cause it's not very detailed*

Other things:

Raiseing: To digivolve in some digivolution lines a certain digimon must meet requirements, which can be determined in special exp (like dra,beast,aqua,machine,darkness,holy,insect/plant.) or in weight, and happyness or dislike in a tamer.

To increase special exp, battle certain digimon with those traits, like if I wanted dra exp for a veemon, I'd battle agumon,guilmon, etc...

To increase weight, feed your digimon digital food, like meat,digi-cookies,digi-cake,bread, chicken, fish,digi-seeds, digi-shroom, digi-chips, chocolate bars.
    * food can be dropped by enemys, or bought in a store. Some food can even be grown in the digifarms with the help of a digi-feild.

To Decrease weight, do not feed your digimon but this will cause them to dislike you, or if you do not feed them for a very long time, possibly cause them to convert back into a egg, (they will not lose their levels or special exp, sometimes a digiegg convertion is actually needed for some evolutions) Or to decrease your digimon weight you can feed them diet food, like diet soda,diet shakes, or the digimon can use the bathroom, etc...

To increase digimon happyness: feed digimon regulary, praise, pet, win battles, keep digimon in your party, keep them healthy and treat them when they are sick, make sure they go to the bathroom and not on the ground.

To make a digimon dislike you: do not feed often, scold it too much, allow it to poop on the ground. Don't win battles with them, don't treat them when they are sick, basicly abuse and ignore them.

To take care of your digimons bathroom: Sometimes around 15 minutes or so after you feed your digimon, your digimon will need to go to the bathroom normally. (this may be changed to a longer period of time) to treat this just go to town and lead it to a rest room. If you don't do this it will do it's bathroom on the ground and some tamers can pick it up and feed it to certain digimon, *numemon,sukamon,raremon etc...*
    or you can pick it up and feed it to your numemon

Treating digimon illness: normaly when your digimon is sick a icon will apear and notify you, to treat this just give your digimon some medicine or a pill.
    Sometimes your digimon will refuse this, in this case you need to force it, this will unfortunately cause a small about of dislike. (this wont happen often, but is more likely to happen with a mistreated digimon)

I'll be updateing this topic with more details soon,

To see the other topic just follow this link, the other topic is more for visuals and more 2ed option stuff like digifarms and what possible starters or etc...

http://digimonrpgonline.net/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17460

Looking for a active friendly english guild to join on leviamon.

Digi-souls
    Level

So can we play yet?

If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.
    - Jesse Jackson

Digi-souls
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by YaarpKiet View Post
    So can we play yet?
    No, don't expect it too.

If it is to be made it will take a year at LEAST to get a basic playable game going...let alone 2 years at least to put everything into a beta...so like I said it's not comeing soon if it is.

Digi-souls
    Level

Isnt 2012 the end of earth?

If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.
    - Jesse Jackson

Digi-souls
    Level

Isnt 2012 the end of earth?
    Don't go off topic please, but to respond. We don't know...it could be or it couldn't be...but honestly are you gonna spend every minute worrying? or going through your life normally and actually doing something?

Digi-souls
    Level

No im not worried im curist cause i hear people saying the words gonna end ''Im not ready to die yet'' ''I am'' ''Im perpared'' And all that stuff

- Jesse Jackson

Digi-souls
    Level

No im not worried im curist cause i hear people saying the words gonna end ''Im not ready to die yet'' ''I am'' ''Im perpared'' And all that stuff
    eh...

in anycase back to the topic? ...=/

General here: people should look at the other topic to see more 2ed detail stuff after reading this.

Digi-souls
    Level

Sounds awesome, Any pics released or anything? If not, it still sounds pretty amazing.

Digi-souls
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by erkib View Post
    Sounds awesome, Any pics released or anything? If not, it still sounds pretty amazing.
    like I said it's still in the planing stage...so unfortunately noting to show yet since my coder is still practiceing...

unfortunately I do need more coders to get anything done, since some things he can't do...in which case I'll need to find a trust worthy person who can code,

like I said time and time again, and again it's at the stage of 25% to be made and 75% against it. Once I get another coder(s) it will most likely rise to 50/50.

and even if it is to be made, it will take a year at least to show anything playable. You can't rush these things unfortunately...

Digi-souls
    Level

Good luck I guess :hehehe:.
    ▶▻⊱DEATH THE KID⊰◅◀
    Because it's all about symmetry. FOOLS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast