PDA

View Full Version : GDMO drop rate?

DramonX
10-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or noticed this, whenever I go to kill garurumons for merc eggs and chips with my lv 41, I get absolutely no drops. I seem to remember them dropping alot of stuff when I was getting experience for them. Does this mean that we cannot get drops from enemies who give us no experience, because that would be a very big problem for farming alot of mercenaries. I'm mainly angry because this is making it hard for me to just stock-pile the chips I want for when the mercenaries I actually want to hatch come out.

True_Warrior
10-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Entirely luck. The rates in OBT just happen to be extremely low, so the only chance of efficiently farming is having a high leveled Digimon and even then that isn't going to ensure you a decent rate.

Best to wait until OBT's over before attempting to actually farm, as the rates might be improved by then. They were the very same as they were when KDMO started, as far as I recall.
When we started the rates were horrible.
I remember we were all glad with just 3/5 digimon.

hyhae
10-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or noticed this, whenever I go to kill garurumons for merc eggs and chips with my lv 41, I get absolutely no drops. I seem to remember them dropping alot of stuff when I was getting experience for them. Does this mean that we cannot get drops from enemies who give us no experience, because that would be a very big problem for farming alot of mercenaries. I'm mainly angry because this is making it hard for me to just stock-pile the chips I want for when the mercenaries I actually want to hatch come out.

Level affects drop rate in GDMO (OBT at the very least) , 10 lvls difference gains absolutely nothing from the digi you are killing .

Farming gabus at 41 is only possible at weregaruru in oil 1 , once u reach 46 its impossible to farm any digis except saberleomon for elecmon eggs so don't go over 41 untill u get the gabumon you want

The_B
10-04-2011, 09:15 AM
I think that is completely messed up. People wont be able to get the digimon they want unless they buy it from lower level players. It will be literally impossible for anyone to farm for the low lvl digis they want, unless they go and make a new character all over again just to farm them, what an unnecessary hassle.

Pekadores
10-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a recipe for cash shop egg and chip sales. This better not be a sign of what's to come.

DigiTamerRobert
10-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Well, I can't tell the difference between drop rates of GDMO and KDMO. But, I have manage to atleast farm over about 79 Beast data chips, from farming digimon's that were litterly 5-10 levels lower than me?

But like Neo said, it is purly luck based. Half the times, I just get white beast eggs and not the green ones that haves the data chips.

The_B
10-04-2011, 11:36 AM
We are not talking about digimon WITHIN 10 levels of you, we are talking about digimon 11 levels lower then you and beyond. digimon 11 levels lower then you or more are the ones who rarely drop data chips/eggs.

DigiTamerRobert
10-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Excuse me, you guys said 10 level differences, nothing about being 11 levels difference.

The_B
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Well it was implied that only up to 10 level difference that we got any form of a semi-regular droprate, after that is what we were complaining about

Raa
10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Hmm I just got biyomon egg from birdramon when i was doing a main quest with my lvl 46 starter so I guess it isnt impossible to get eggs but probabbly lower drop rate!

AaronX
10-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Well it was implied that only up to 10 level difference that we got any form of a semi-regular droprate, after that is what we were complaining about
Negatory; you sir, are so wrong... And whiny it seems?
You can farm eggs at higher level of digimons from the same evolution tree.

Luffy
10-04-2011, 05:25 PM
I've noticed this too. As soon as I leveled up to 17 I stopped getting kunemon eggs completely. I've spent all 3 hours for the past 4 days killing kunemon with not a single mercenary egg. I'm going to make a new character and see if I have better luck, just as a test.

AaronX
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I honestly think the egg hunting level boundary is acceptable, creates challenge and gives lower levels more chances to hatch than us, who are of higher levels and hog on to lower level spots shamelessly.

JOYMAX never cease to amaze me with their awesomeness. Keep up with the single server, time limit(but I now found a glitch so please don't fix it :p), this issue, and I hope there're more to come.
JOYMAX is great I can lick their balls all day.

MakoX
10-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I honestly think the egg hunting level boundary is acceptable, creates challenge and gives lower levels more chances to hatch than us, who are of higher levels and hog on to lower level spots shamelessly.

JOYMAX never cease to amaze me with their awesomeness. Keep up with the single server, time limit(but I now found a glitch so please don't fix it :p), this issue, and I hope there're more to come.

.........I hope this is all sarcasm, especially the last part.

The_B
10-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I would not go around calling people whiny unless you want to make some enemies. Anyway joymax has a long way to go before they are on par with KDMO, all I have to say.

AaronX
10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I would not go around calling people whiny unless you want to make some enemies. Anyway joymax has a long way to go before they are on par with KDMO, all I have to say.
Are you not? Is it that much work to hunt higher level digimons from same tree?

I was being direct, and maybe it can help others realise some things. Otherwise everybody would be complaining. What good does it serve?

Hm maybe when you get to 46 you could hatch Elec 5/5 first before going to other endeavours?

turtlezr00l
10-04-2011, 08:08 PM
drop rates may be really low, but id rather play this than battle XD
is there an exact number for the drop rate, or is it just, ya know, LOW O_O. Is there really that big of a difference in KDMO, i never played it so i wouldnt know x-x

Calumon
10-05-2011, 03:12 AM
If they decide to keep this dropping system they'll ruin the game for most, since most lines are only available through hunting lvl 10~40 digimon, and some of them have terrible drop rates.

Pekadores
10-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Are you not? Is it that much work to hunt higher level digimons from same tree?

I was being direct, and maybe it can help others realise some things. Otherwise everybody would be complaining. What good does it serve?

Hm maybe when you get to 46 you could hatch Elec 5/5 first before going to other endeavours?

Amazing. Your ignorance of this game is phenomenal. I'm guessing you don't realize that some Digimon only have farmable forms at specific level ranges. So you basically are suggesting people who level be locked out of hatching certain Digimon.

The_B
10-05-2011, 12:51 PM
You missed one thing Neophoton in the list of differences. One more difference between the two versions (so far since we dont know if it is permanent or temporary) is that in GDMO the hatched digimon have a lower % compared to digimon of the same 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 version of them in KDMO. What I am trying to say is, digimon hatched at 3/5 in GDMO are hatching at 70-80%, 4/5 are hatching at 100%, and the 'special' 5/5's are hatching at a measly 115% sizes/stats. This is a noticeable difference from KDMO, because it makes not only the 4/5 seem not as useful, but it turns the 3/5's into being useless and extremely tiny/unimpressive looking. I guess this might bother some less then others, but it does irk me. =/

The_B
10-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I played when KDMO was released, but not during open beta. Right after it was released though. I even helped make some translation patches way back in the past for this community lol, though I doubt many remember anymore. Back when I played my first 5/5 I ever got was a kunemon, and he ended up being 130%, in the korean version I have a couple 5/5s and very few 4/5s, those I had being around 115-118%. So yes I played a long time ago, I stopped around when Wemade announced they were going to release an english/global version but never did.

Anyway, I am glad to know the % cap was raised since then, and hopefully after beta GDMO is quick to follow suit.

dara012
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Eh, why did I not see this thread earlier? No wonder my efforts of hunting Gabumons were wasted... After 3hours, you would think I'd take notice in the drop rate lolz.

DramonX
10-06-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm glad I stopped at 41. I guess I'll go farm a bunch of weregaruru's then. This is pretty stupid to limit the drop rate. There are multiple channels and only so many people playing so there really isn't a reason to change the rate. If someone wants to spend their 3 hours mindlessly farming the same enemy, let them and for those leveling who find this person annoying, go to a different channel. We should not be limited for leveling up quickly and knowing the game. And for people like me who have no interest in any of the currently released mercs, farming chips and eggs for storage/cores/money is all I can really do right now.

MisterBucket
10-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Its if anything , idiotic, to limit people to just having certain drops at some period of time and then if they level up too much (Which is absurd if you cant level up just for getting chips -__-) they wont even be able to get drops or even get a digi to train. Only thing they would've been able to do is buying an egg , maybe not even the egg they want , just to be able to get a single drop. I seriously hope this is OBT only , I'm pretty much of a noob and yes , I'm that "made the acc just to ask random sh** guy" , but I'm really liking the game and the forum. And I'm one of those that like GDMO. The OBT only stuff is okay , the timer to keep everyone online and stuff. But the drop rates gotta get fixed. I went pretty random at the end of writing this reply but herp ^_^

hyhae
10-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Coredramons come to mind.

And honestly, when you're the same level as the enemy Digimon's level, the drop rates take a nosedive compared to when you're one or two levels lower than them.

A level 10 Kunemon will receive far more drops than a level 12 Kunemon when farming at Gabumons, but you'll still notice the drop rates slowing down at a notable rate.

As for the white knight who says to think of it as a challenge: farming on a limited hour basis isn't a challenge; it's a chore. You can keep defending Joymax as much as you want, but there's a line to be drawn before you look like a blind fanboy.

So... I'm all for calling out Joymax on this one change. Hopefully someone already addressed it on their Facebook, because as far as they're concerned: "no one knows about this" and thus they won't have any incentive to fix it.

They already know we know , and their facebook guy said they took note of the polls made ( 3 hour thing and the size , drop and hatch rates polls )

and many people already are complaining about it on their page so they know it all , question now is will they do anything about it ?

marco99
10-07-2011, 03:48 PM
to be honest i gave up on this OBT im just waiting on the 11th for it to be fully released hopefully all digimons can be obtain by cash egg -.- way how these dum rates are im never hunting <.<

and the % lol i remember that in kdmo gabumon my first hatch was 101% -.- soo they may patch the % who no but keep in mind 90% of people never played kdmo soo they dont no if they are being Bsed

Darkvera
10-07-2011, 03:51 PM

Honestly i dont think its great at all, because if you need chips for an egg you want to hatch it would be quicker to just kill off some lower levels and get your chips. And i really hope you don't lick balls unless you are a girl then it might be ok lol.

saintp
10-11-2011, 04:55 AM
to be honest i gave up on this OBT im just waiting on the 11th for it to be fully released hopefully all digimons can be obtain by cash egg -.- way how these dum rates are im never hunting <.<

and the % lol i remember that in kdmo gabumon my first hatch was 101% -.- soo they may patch the % who no but keep in mind 90% of people never played kdmo soo they dont no if they are being Bsed

they extend the OBT to 25 oct, Great........

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==